Clowns Without Borders South Africa is a registered Non Profit Organisation in South Africa (NPO Registration Number 057-149). We are also a member of the Clowns Without Borders International federation.
Children being children again.
Clowns Without Borders enables children and families to play, laugh, and create through the arts.
We strive to build relationships based on trust and respect, and a sense of playfulness and creativity.
Community based organisations that provide support to children and families affected by crisis.
Children and families
Our Core Principle:
Clowns Without Borders uses arts based interventions to provide psychosocial support to children and families affected by crisis
a) The organisation’s main objectives are to:
- Improve the psychosocial wellbeing of children and communities affected by crisis in Africa and around the world through humour and laughter.
- Raise the awareness domestically and internationally about conditions encountered in areas of crisis.
- Provide professional development and empowerment opportunities to local artists to create self-supporting and sustainable community structures.
- Maintain a spirit of creativity, play, humour, joy, peace, compassion, and loving kindness in all our endeavours.
b) The organisation’s secondary objectives will be to:
- Target the most vulnerable children and communities, not only children orphaned by HIV/AIDS, violence, and poverty but all affected.
- Support and encourage existing community based organizations that provide support to children and their caregivers.
- Collaborate with cultural and social organizations on the community, regional, national, and international level.
- Deepen our understanding of the capacity of laughter and theatre arts education to improve the psychosocial wellbeing of affected children and caregivers.
- Provide positive reinforcement of social values that promote peace, diversity, gender and racial equality, and cultural identity.